Friday, October 4, 2013

FF, Volume 1: Faux Four

This is not only not my dad's Fantastic Four, this isn't even mine! Matt Fraction and the great Mike Allred, along with wife Laura, have crated the kookiest, most bizarre teaming of four superheroes to call themselves the Fantastic Four. The Scott Lang Ant-man, She-Hulk, inhuman Medusa, and someone with pink hair in a Thing suit take the challenge on while the real team is away on vacation. Only, something went wrong and only a future version of the Human Torch has returned. Not only that, something or someone is possessing at least one team member and seducing a member of the Freedom Foundation.
  The story is fantastic. But with anything Allred, I just love the art. It's pop, kitsch, and super cool. It's even slightly off-putting, like when Ant-Man shrinks down and is captured by Medusa's eye lashes. That's a major yuck. And totally Mike Allred. I just love it! I hope to get my hands on future FF issues as well as the original FF series. It's not proven me wrong yet and I am on the edge of my seat to learn about more that happens.

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.
Worth Consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment