Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Weird Mystery Tales #23, Halloween Theme


This is a book that I remember having in my collection as a kid. I recently rediscovered it in a dollar box and I’ve been waiting since then to read it for a Halloween scare. The main story is about a slime ball who been selected to participate in a deadly version of “To Beat The Clock.” I loved the odd and dangerous challenges the man had to conquer. It reminded me of Double Dare, but with a greater chance of doom! The shocking twist always stuck with me!

The second story wasn’t as memorable. A couple scheme to kill their rich old relative and find a way to get the gardener to take the rap. The ending twist to this story was predictable but the insanity of the ultimate killer of the scheming lovers is frightening.

If you read the House of Mystery re-launch like I did a few months back, you’ll encounter Cain and Abel’ mother Eve. Well, this is the book of which Eve was the horror host. That was a neat little connect the dots factoid I discovered on my own.

A pretty good book with some delightful scares.

Worth Consuming.

Rating 8 out of 10 stars.

Fright Factor 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment