Monday, February 24, 2014

Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! in The Oz-Wonderland War #3


The epic triple-sized cross-over between Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew, the people of Oz, and the residents of Wonderland comes to a close. With all of the needed rulers of Oz rescue, with the exception of one, this united coalition of freedom fighters take it to the Nome King one final time.

The series started with a whimper but ended with a bang. I enjoyed it very much. I’m typically not a fan of funny animal books, but I grew up reading Captain Carrot and I love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (it’s also my favorite Disney film.) This mini-series was darn near perfect. The only thing really missing was Alice. However, in an article by series scribe Nelson Birdwell, it just wasn’t feasible since Alice dreams of being in Wonderland whereas determined by a sequel book to Wizard of Oz, Dorothy lives in Oz. So, I was able to forgive that slight.

(Spoiler) I’ve also been saying that this is the weirdest crossover ever- that was until the final page when Captain Carrot’s alter ego Rodney rabbit came face-to-face with the inferior 5! Now, as far as I know, nothing ever came of this surprise ending. But, as I think about it, I would love to one day see a Captain Carrot/ Spider-ham/ Inferior 5/ Great Lakes Avengers crossover with a special appearance by the Legion of Substitute Heroes. Hey, Marvel and DC, could we make this happen? PLEASE!!!!!!!

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment