Saturday, February 15, 2014

GI Joe #79

G.I. Joe (1982-1994) #79A

Yes, from this cover its true- The Dreadnoks are not nice to doggies. In this issue Junkyard and Mutt and Law & Order (the only 2 Joes with Dog sidekicks and I know what you’re thinking but Timber doesn’t count, he’s a wolf) are on the hunt for a suspected Dreadnok hideout in Jersey of all places. I’ll admit, I had to peek ahead and make sure Junkyard didn’t die. He does get seriously hurt, but not killed.

 

Anyway, that plot was engrossing. The secondary plot about Zartan’s siblings running a Ponzi scheme as real estate moguls is ludicrous! True, they are masters of disguise, but really except for putting on business suits, the duo have their hot pink hair and war paint on. There’s an old saying “you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.” Maybe the artists are showing the siblings as they really are but everyone else sees them like Donald Trump a la Quantum Leap so we know who is who. That’s my “No Prize” solution. Let me know if I am wrong.

 

I really didn’t enjoy this book. From the cover to the next to the last page, I hated it. I did like the final page that reveals that yes, Junkyard survived and that Buzzer gets his just rewards from Mutt for hurting the dog. Still, it didn’t save this from being worth consuming.

 

Not Worth Consuming.

 

Rating: 4 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment