Sunday, February 9, 2014

GI Joe #73


G.I. Joe (1982-1994) #73A
The spy who infiltrated the Joe base in Utah returns to Cobra Island with a stolen present to hand to Cobra Commander. Expecting fanfare, this spy returns to Serpentor and Cobra Commander beating each other’s brains out???



This begins the Cobra Schism. I knew that IDW in its more recent GI Joe series did a Cobra Civil War thing after the death of Cobra Commander. I didn’t know that the idea wasn’t new but straight from the mind and pen of Larry Hama!

This issue is mostly Cobra. You only see the Joes for maybe 5 pages as they investigate how the Cobra infiltrator got into their base. I know the cover has Joes storming Cobra Island and there is a recon team sent out to try and find the missing “black box.” But, the majority of this story centers around Cobra and a potential civil war.
I’m not sure if it was meant this way, but the entire issue was funny. I laughed out loud, especially during the fisticuffs between the two leaders of Cobra. I’m really looking forward to how this is going to play out.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment