Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tiny Titans, Volume 6: the Tree House and Beyond


Tiny Titans (2008-2012) #TP Vol 6

 

The duo of Art Baltazar and Franco prove once again that Tiny Titans is just for little kids. In this issue, Talon, an Earth-3 version of Robin unleashes a plethora of alternate universe versions of the Titans. Now, I must ask how many kids are going to understand the concept of the multiverse? Okay, maybe someone about ages 12 and up. But, Tiny Titans is supposedly for kids under 10. Maybe I’m just too naïve about today’s youth.

 

OKAY- now that I think about it, I was 6 or 7 when I read the first ever crossover of the JLA and JSA from the 1960s and I understood it. So, maybe I am an old fuddy duddy.

 

In this volume are Robin’s galore and I’m not talking about birds. Every version of Robin, including Cassie from The Dark Knight Returns teams up with every version of Batgirl for an all-out Batgirl/ Robin party. (How they added Damian to the mix was hilarious)

 

 Funny enough, the character of Stephanie dresses as both characters as she does in the adult version of Batman. If anything, Tiny Titans is a good primer for when young DC readers get ready to graduate to the grown-up books. I wish I had this as a kid.

 

I guess I’m trying to make excuses for loving a kid’s comic. Well, I’m done with that. Tiny Titans is an award winning series and I think it’s just a blast to read. I recommend this series highly and parents you can rest assured that this series is appropriate for your aspiring comic collector.

 

Worth Consuming.

 

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment