Monday, February 10, 2014

GI Joe #76


G.I. Joe (1982-1994) #76A
The Cobra schism is almost over. Serpentor and the Joes are just about ready to end Cobra Commander’s reign of terror once and for all. That is until- oh, I’m not going to spoil it for you. But, I guarantee you won’t see the end of this civil war coming (HINT!) Also, the reason Destro got involved will make you jaw drop. It’s that wild!
I loved this issue; it’s the best of the 4-part story of the civil war on Cobra Island. There’s also one of my all-time favorite moments when Serpentor tells a Joe to help him close in on Cobra Commander and the Joe tells him that his boss is Gen. Hawk, not Serpentor and he must fill a complaint for how the despot is treating his prisoner the Baroness, but having her tied to the hood of a tank. Then Serpentor says, “Well, can you at least fire your cannons over there for air cover?” and the Joe says “That I can do!” Later the Joe meets up with Gen. Hawk and Hawk asks if he filed a complaint over Serpentor’s treatment of the Baroness and the Joe replies “Filed and noted, sir.” I just howled. I guess you had to be there.
Issue #75 is a fantastic ending to an amazing all-out battle for command of Cobra Island. I can’t wait to see what Larry Hama and the guys at Marvel have in store next.
Worth Consuming.
Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment