Friday, February 14, 2014

Teen Titans Go! #4 (2003-08 series)



Sure, the comic is titled Teen Titans Go, but the book is based on the original Teen Titans cartoon, not the most recent revival of the series that oddly has the same name as this comic. I’m not sure why DC did that except maybe to not cause confusion with the regular Teen Titans title which is rated for teens and is not all-age friendly as this book is.

In this issue, Cyborg and Beast Boy dare Robin to take Starfire out on a date after she discovers Valentine’s Day. Along the way, a villain that I’ve never heard of before has his sights set on turning the Titans into his very own squad of puppets.

I liked this comic. But, to be honest, I like the new Teen Titans Go series more than this one. The new series is funny and I like the art better.  The secondary story of Raven finding love with a Goth is very funny and reminds me of the current show. I will give this comic some props because the first comic based on the TV show was a “pictographic comic,” using stills taken directly from the cartoon and are not original stories. Marvel does this with the Ultimate Spider-man series and I hate it.

This original art and story Valentine’s Day special is a welcome addition to my collection. The cover does actually occur in the book and normally that is a huge pet peeve. However, I think Robin is being snogged by cupid and the Titans in the back ground are having a Valentine fight, so I think the cover is supposed to be more symbolic than a promise of dangerous love by an arrow welding vixen.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment