Friday, January 11, 2008

Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 3


 
WORTH CONSUMING!

Not the best Ultimate Spiderman book (which BTW covers the 5th and 6th trade paperback version of USM)- but as I have said recently on other reviews (and I know I say it a lot), it’s far better than the tripe that the House of Ideas is peddling right now. This volume is more darker, with Spidey dealing with an impersonator and his dark side in the guise of Venom. Plus, there’s less Mary Jane in this volume and she’s the heart and soul of USM. It’s more gory too, I was a bit unsettled by it and actually had to switch to a DC title in order to purge myself. Plus there’s a flashback to Spider-man fighting the Ultimate Lizard, and I really do not remember that sequence.

USM: Volume 3 does get a Worth Consuming and 4 stars, but needs to go back to its earlier Ultimate formula if it wants to regain that last star.

No comments:

Post a Comment