Sunday, December 15, 2013

Batman: Detective Comics Vol. 3: Emperor Penguin (The New 52)


 

In this New 52 offering, the Penguin finally gets his comeuppance. After years of skirting the law with his team of lawyers and adept knowledge of how to cross the line without being held in contempt of the law, the Penguin finally learns what it’s like to be on the other side of the fence. Enter the Emperor Penguin- a smarter than average thug in the Penguin’s arsenal who takes advantage of the Penguin’s small absence to take over the Cobblepot empire.

There are some really awesome role reversals here, not only for Penguin, but Bruce Wayne as well. It reminded me of Trading Places- without Jamie Leigh Curtis. I loved it! There’s also a little bit of the Joker mixed in this volume and I am sure it all plays out in the “Death of the Family” storyline. I’ve yet to find that book yet, so those appearances of the Clown Prince of Crime confused me a little, but not so much to not enjoy this fantastic tale.

I can’t wait for Volume 4 so I can find out how this storyline plays out!

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment