Monday, December 16, 2013

Impulse #34 (Holiday 2013 Theme)

This cover is as Holly Jolly as you're gonna get, but the story was a blast!

 

Okay, I’m a little annoyed here. This issue was touted on the cover as being a Christmas issue. Yet, the story begins in January, with Christmas and all the other holidays long past. I’d really be mad if I just wasn’t so enamored with the whole series.

Impulse/ Bart Allen is funny. His mentor, Max Mercury is the perfect comic foil. Plus, this issue begins a storyline about time travel and I love those stories.

When Impulse and Mercury are sent back in time to the Devonian Era, it’s like that Ray Bradbury tale where hunters go back in time but when one accidently steps on a bug, his size 12 error causes all of history to change. That’s the same with this.

Issue #34 was the beginning of a 3-part tale. I loved part one so much, despite the false advertising on the front page that I’m now scrambling to find parts 2 and 3 so I can find out what happens.

Awesome stuff, poor choice of covers.

Worth Consuming.

Rating 8 out of 10 stars.

Holiday atmosphere rating: 1 out of 10 jingle bells.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment