Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Scooby-Doo Comic Storybook #2: A Merry Scary Holiday (Holiday 2013 Theme)



Can you believe, I waited almost 2 years for this book? Every year it gets checked out at the library and I never see it until after the holidays. I know that this is a kid’s book, but I was hoping to recapture a little of that Christmas magic I had as a kid.

See, when I was younger, I had a Scooby Doo Christmas Album- an actual LP, vinyl, that sort of thing. The story was about the gang going to Velma or Daphne’s relatives to help with a holiday play for some orphans. Only, a ghastly snowman was wreaking havoc. I am not sure his motive or how he was caught. It has been 30 years.

Anyway, I was hoping this book might be what I was looking for. It started off with the gang going to Velma’s relatives for the holidays. But that was the only similarity. Oh well.

Kids would love this. It’s got thrills, chills, and the right amount of holiday charm to be considered a holiday special. However, Scooby and Shaggy are very brave in this book. That’s just totally out of character. Isn’t it, or have I missed something else after 30 some years of not watching the show?

Worth Consuming, but it’s mainly for those under age 11.

Rating 5 out of 10.

Holiday atmosphere rating: 7 out of 10 jingle bells.

Again, sorry, you can't look inside this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment