Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Invincible Iron Man, volume 2, #4 (Holiday 2013 Theme)


 

If you put a picture of Tony Stark decorating a house for Christmas on the cover of your comic book, then I expect said issue to be about Christmas! That’s not the case here! Had I know that it was a “Death of Sad Sack” copout, I never would’ve bought the thing. Here’s the thing, I also bought a Fantastic Four issue with a similar cover and I bet that thing’s not about Christmas or Hannukah either! (The Thing is Jewish- this is not a non sequitur.)

What I got instead was an issue set in the Heroes Reborn universe in which Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld tried to reboot the Marvel universe. Thankfully, Liefeld’s horrid art is nowhere to be found in this issue. But whoever was drawing this must’ve taken lessons from the Liefeld School of Anatomy Drawing, because the proportions of the characters was out of whack. If you don’t believe me, look at how tiny Stark’s hand is next to the bar code in relation to a medium sized head and massive shoulders that stretch out like 10 feet wide.

The story was good. It involved the Living Laser and there’s even a mystery of “Who Killed Bruce Banner?” thrown in. Though, I didn’t think the Hulk was involved in the Heroes Reborn storyline. I guess I was wrong.

It’s an okay book. But I was expecting this to be a Christmas issue. I’m glad I only paid like a buck or less for this.

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

Holiday atmosphere rating: 1 out of 10 jingle bells. (It should be zero, but the cover was festive.)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment