Friday, December 13, 2013

Suburban Jersey Ninja She-Devils #1


Not only is this the first issue, I’m pretty sure it’s the only issue as well. In this one-shot, a trio of suburban housewives from New Jersey must fight an ancient evil by using the ninja skills they’ve amassed over the years. The whole thing reminds me of Buckaroo Banzai, especially with the heavily Japanese influenced style and slang.
  I thought this was both awesome and weird. Especially the villains, who basically seem played out as a bizarre Asian fetish creature. For example, the main villain uses her giant lips to possess and poison a man’s mind while another creature uses her giant wooden stakes to paralyze the She-Devils and ends up impaling a host of demonic langoliers in the mouth and privates. I told you it’s bizarre.
I found myself wondering both when will this end and I can’t wait for what happens next. Sadly, I don’t think I’ll ever get to know what else ever happened to the Suburban Jersey Ninja She-Devils and their mission against ancient evil.
Rating 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment