Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Alpha Flight # 105 (Holiday 2013 Theme)


In this Christmas themed issue, the men of Alpha are having a bachelor’s party, while the ladies are having a bachelorette function. All of this happens on Christmas Eve, because when I’m waiting a lap dance, I always think of the birth of Christ. Okay, I’m not sure why this book decides to have these events take a more festive tone, but it doesn’t make for a bad book.
The guys have their hands full when a desperate father makes the poor choice to rob the only tavern in all of Canada that’s filled to the brim with super heroes. The ladies go to a Chippendale’s type lounge where an old villain of Alpha Flight is the establishment’s bouncer. It’s insanity at its best!
While I’ve not really read much Alpha Flight, if this book is any indication, I’m hooked! I was very confused about many inside references, but I could follow the story enough to enjoy it! I also thought the ending was spectacular and very heartwarming and funny!
This probably isn’t a book you’ll want to hand to your 10 year old based on some subject matter, but its quality stuff for the older set to enjoy without being crass or gratuitous.
Worth Consuming.
Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.
Holiday atmosphere rating: 9 out of 10 jingle bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment