Saturday, December 28, 2013

Mickey Mouse & Friends #271 (Holiday 2013 Theme)


Mickey Mouse and Friends (2003-2010) #271
I’m not really sure if I am allowed to really review this book. I happened to receive a copy that’s commonly known as a “Misbound.” That means that the book has extra or less pages than are needed to complete the presentation of the story. Thus, the first 4 pages are missing and contain 4 pages that are the same as the middle 4 pages. And the last 4 pages are missing as well, with the next to last 4 pages being reinserted for a second time. So, for a 30 some page comic I’m missing almost 30% of it.
  In this first story, Mickey explains to his nephews how Santa can still bring you presents even if you don’t remember to mail the letter. The second story isn’t about Christmas. It has Donald Duck buying an all-you-can-eat restaurant. It’s a funny story full of insanity and fine print. The Final tale involves Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy trying to help a scientist regain his sense of wonder of the magic of Christmas and Santa. Sadly, due to the omission of the final 4 pages, I don’t know how that story ends.
What I read, I like. But, I didn’t get the whole story. I’m tempted to find another copy of this book and give it another go round next year.
Worth Consuming (What I read)
Rating: 7 out of 10 stars (I can’t give a full rating at this time.)
Holiday Rating: 8 out of 10 jingle bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment