Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Garfield & Co. #4: Caroling Capers (Holiday 2013 Theme)


This comic book offering from Papercutz features three stories- two of which are NOT holiday themed in any way. The first story is about a visit from the World’s Cutest Cat, Nermal and his attempts to make Garfield and Odie’s life Hell. Then we’ve got a story in which Odie dreams he’s a superhero, but Garfield keeps waking him up before the damsel in distress can reward him with a kiss. Finally, in story three, we get what I was expecting- a Christmas themed adventure. When a hungry Garfield learns that carolers are rewarded with treats, he and Odie decide to treat the entire neighborhood to a rendition of “Jingle Bells”.
sorry, but you can't look inside.

  The book was fun and not too childish. Though the artwork looked CGI and I think that a few years ago there was a Garfield cartoon that was computer animated. This book might’ve been a tie-in to that cartoon, but I am not sure.

  Also, I didn’t know that “Jingle Bells” had like 30 verses. The version Garfield sings talks about a couple getting lost and a kind stranger picking them up in his sleigh. I didn’t know that song went into that much detail. So, I learned something from this book as well.

  I wish all three tales were holiday related. I think if I bought this (instead of checking out from the library), I would’ve been a little peeved. All three stories were good- it’s just not what I was expecting.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars

Holiday atmosphere rating: 3 out of 10 jingle bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment