Monday, December 16, 2013

Impulse #33 (Holiday 2013 Theme)


Impulse #

 Other than the cover, there’s nothing remotely about Thanksgiving in this “Thanksgiving Special” issue of Impulse. That’s why I bought this issue! Not all is lost, as some parts of the book do revolve around Christmas, primarily, young Bart Allen’s impatience to hurry up and decorate the school Christmas tree without using the speed force.

That’s not to say that this was an awful book. I found it very funny. The majority of the plot splits between a crime boss hiring a mercenary to intimidate some witnesses from testifying against some illegal dumping of chemicals into a local lake, while Bart and his friends at school must deal with the annoying new school counselor.

I really enjoyed this book. I found it fresh and as I said very funny. I’m not sure who the main villain is as she’s referred to as both “White Lightening” and “Moonshine.” Which is it?

Despite this flaw and the blatant false advertising on the front cover, I am very interesting in pursuing Impulse as a part of my ever growing comic book collection.

Worth Consuming.

Rating 7 out of 10 stars.

Holiday atmosphere rating: 3 out of 10 jingle bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment