Friday, December 6, 2013

Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 4 (2012-Present)


This book was such a disappointment. I love the Disney XD series. It’s funny. It’s action-packed. It’s got moments that take place only in Spider-man’s head. Thus, it’s totally insane.

This book has all of that. But, that is only because this book is a complete and total rerun of the Disney XD series. That’s not a typo. This book is a rerun, not a reprint. It’s a “pictographic” novel, in which screen shots of the series are captured and the script is bubbled over the action. So instead of completely new works of fiction regarding one of my favorite super-hero cartoon shows, it’s recycled material. I’m all for being green, but this is ridiculous. I’m seriously hoping that comics based on other Disney series like Hulk and the agents of SMASH and Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are following suit.

I’m also very glad that I didn’t pay for this book. I checked it out at my local library. Had I paid a 10-spot for this, I would’ve been furious and marched back down to my local comics shop for a full refund. In fact, I didn’t even finish this book because it would have been a major waste of time.

Not Worth Consuming- take it from me, just watch the show instead. It’s way better.

Rating: 2 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment