Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Impact Winter Special #1 (Holiday 2013 Theme)

I’ve come across sources that list this as the Impact Christmas Special, but since the cover says “Winter” and not “Christmas” that’s what I am going with.
In this hard to find gem, the short-lived Archie Comics line of super heroes make a resurgence in the pages of DC Comics. After a year of several fledging titles, the Impact imprint had the clever idea to join all these new characters together in one giant Christmas special to gain new readers. I must say, the marketing stunt has worked on me as I want to find all of these titles soon!
In this Winter/ Christmas special, someone has kidnapped the President. In order to retrieve him, the Secret Service must call up a batch of upstart super heroes to search for the super villain’s cadre of now good “henchmen.”
I thought this was great. Each super hero got a small intro tale in which he or she had a mission to find one of the former baddies. Then it all got tied together with the ersatz team trying to save both the President and Christmas. The art was different from story to story, but it gave the readers a very good sample of the quality of each Impact title.
I was very impressed. It’s too bad this didn’t take off. But, with my newed interest in the Impact line and with only about 50 individual issues to find, it shouldn’t hurt my budget too much!
Worth Consuming.
Rating 9 out of 10 stars.
Holiday atmosphere rating: 7 out of 10 jingle bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment