Monday, December 9, 2013

Tick’s Big Yule Log Special, #1999 (Holiday 2013 Theme)


This Tick Holiday special is like a “Who’s Who?” for fans of the Tick cartoon from the mid-90s. It’s was really neat seeing all these great heroes and villains once again if only for one or two panels. Too bad this was in black and white and not vivid color. Alas, I’ve kinda conceded that many of the Tick’s books are not ever going to be in color, unless I want to pay about $49.95 for a full color omnibus that only reprints 4 issues. Economics. Whatcha gonna do?

I really enjoyed this trip down memory lane as Tick and Arthur attend the Superhero (and villain) Christmas party at the Comet Club. It was really fun. It just went by too fast. Hopefully, I’ll be getting more of these gems in my stocking this year.

Worth Consuming.

Rating 9 out of 10 stars.

Holiday atmosphere rating: 7 out of 10 jingle bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment