Saturday, August 16, 2014

Doctor Who- New Title Sequence- Thanks to Whovians Like You...






Next Saturday, we get another season of Doctor Who and with that, the Peter Capaldi era begins. Just a few weeks after Matt Smith's departure of the title role was announced, a fan of the show created what he though the Capaldi era opening sequence for the long running British TV show should look like.

  Well, it was announced via Twitter today, that that idea is going to be used for the new season of Who.

You're welcome.

 See, when this concept came out, I instantly fell in love with it. The intro was created by  Billy Hanshaw, a freelance graphic designer from Leeds. It took him about a month to finish this concept and according to Inquisitr- the video went viral thanks to fans on social media. I think it harkens back to the original series while being fresh and interesting.

   Naturally, I shared it and I praised it, challenging fans to get the idea a go and to voice their approval. Thanks to Whovians like my wife and I, I think we were able to make this video so big that it actually got the attention of the producers of Doctor Who over at the BBC. When showrunner Steven Moffat saw it he exclaimed "It was the only new title idea I’d seen since 1963. We got in touch with him, and said, okay, we’re going to do that one.”

  I'm sure the intro we see next week will look a little different when it airs on August 23. The pic used of Capaldi is at least 2 years old and doesn't have the Doctor's hairdo. The BBC is pretty good on keeping a tight drum on spoilers, so I can't show you the actual intro to the new season of Doctor Who.

  So until then, whet your appetite with the original concept by Hanshaw above

No comments:

Post a Comment