Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Daredevil: volume 4 (2011-2014)


Daredevil (2011-2014) #HC Vol 4

   What a stroke of luck! My library had 2 more volumes of the fantastic Mark Waid and Chris Samnee run of Daredevil! That’s awesome. Add to that the fact that one of my all-time favorite artists, Michael Allred does an issue as an added bonus! SCORE!

  In this volume, Daredevil may be going insane. But is it all because of the guilt and trauma he’s racked up over the years fighting the Kingpin, Bullseye, and having just about everyone he loves die tragically in front of him? Or is it because he’s accidentally switched brains with Hank (Antman) Pym? Waid will keep you guessing in this multi-issue mystery fraught with chills and thrills. Just who did put Matt’s father’s remains in his desk while he was fighting Doctor Doom in Latveria?

While the mystery part of the story was fantastic and I loved every minute of it. I wasn’t so happy with this volume’s conclusion. Keep in mind, that I’ve already read the last 2 volumes in the series prior to getting my hands of a couple of the middle meaty parts of this Daredevil sandwich. So, when I say that the storyline involving the antagonist is never revealed. I’m not talking about in this volume. I do realize as I type this that I still have volume 5 to read, so maybe that will come to pass. Regardless, there was something missing to the dynamic formula of Waid + Samnee = Genius. I’m not sure if it was the humor that was off or that there just wasn’t enough of Matt Murdock as a defense attorney in this volume or what. But there was something that was the other volumes before and after that I read that was missing from volume 4.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment