Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Simpsons Comics Belly Buster (Simpsons Comics volume 13)


When I need a pick-me-up or I feel like I just can’t choose what I want to real, I go for something funny. Simpsons Comics almost always fits the bill. They're almost just like the TV show, just as hilarious, with awesome sight gags and crazy plots. What I like best is how there’s a short story at the end of each comic that features one (or more) of the insane members of the Springfield community.

But with getting a collection of Simpsons comics like this here Belly Buster is that the binding is poor. The glue used the publisher, Perennial, isn’t of good quality. When you find a book like this which is about 15 years old, the glue backing is so dry and the pages are so poorly set against the spine that pages just peel off like the leaves off an artichoke.

Thankfully, I only paid $.75 for this at a thrift store. Otherwise, I’d be very upset. However, since I bought it at a thrift shop, I also can’t contact the publishers and ask for a replacement copy. You might say that maybe the previous owner was rough with the book. However, this isn’t the first time this has happened. It’s also why I’ve stopped buying these Simpsons collections new.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment