Monday, August 25, 2014

Red Handed: The Fine Art of Strange Crimes by Matt Kindt



  In the burgh of Red Wheel Barrow, Detective Gould is the rising darling of that town’s police force. Using cutting edge technology and a network of informants unlike any other, Gould’s never faced an unsolved case. Lately, some very weird crimes have been happening such as the chair thief. Will Det. Gould end this odd crime spree or is there a more sinister purpose behind these strange crimes.

I love a good mystery and this one’s not bad. It’s my first experience reading a Matt Kindt work and from what I read, I’d definitely give it another go. However, I would advise you not to trust everything you see and hear in this mystery and be ready for the strangest assortment of flash backs, flash forwards, and even some flash-sideways (that’s when a character has a daydream of being somewhere else and yet you think he’s thinking about his past.)

This book will challenge you and it will make your head go spinning. But that’s what good mysteries do. In fact, at least 1 crime is left ‘unsolved.’ I’ll leave you to decide which one but believe me theirs is at least 1 mystery destined for the cold crimes unit.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment