Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Adventures of the Thing #2 (of 4)


Adventures of the Thing (1992) #2
Again, we’ve got another reprint from Marvel Two-In-One. Thankfully, I’ve never read this story involving a bizarre road race between the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider and Ben Grimm. I enjoyed the art a lot- both the original Ron Wilson art from the 1980s and the new cover penciled by Joe Quesada. I may not be a fan of Quesada’s after some of the crap he pulled as editor of Marvel, but the man has a talented pen and I always give props when props are do, even begrudgingly.
I want to go back to the original artwork. I just love it’s classic 80s style. Ghost Rider is visually one of my favorite characters. I’m just not a fan of the whole demon possession/ selling your soul to Lucifer thing. It’s just not my style ever since I was a kid. There’s touches of that here but most of the story is either the fierce vengeance of Ghost Rider or comic relief provided by the Thing. Either way, the story is penciled, inked, and colored beautifully, making for this a great read- EVEN IF IT IS A REPRINT!
Issue reprinted is Marvel Two-In-One #80.
Worth Consuming.
Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment