Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Tick Omnibus, volume 2: Thvrsday Ad Infinitvm


Tick Omnibus (1990-1996) #TP Vol 2A

Hey, don’t ask me what the title of this book means. Ask me how ecstatic I was to find this for a literally a song. I’ve seen Omnibuses of the Tick on Amazon and they are expensive. I found this at a comic book store in Chapel Hill on the used shelf. Yeah, the cover price was originally $10.95 and I paid $10. However, I’ve seen this thing list new for $30-50! So, this was a treat.

In this book, the Tick meets Chippendale Chairhead for the first time, becomes allies with the Man-Eating Cow and goes on the most convoluted road trip in the history of American travel. For once, I actually wanted Arthur to kill Tick for being so annoying and stupid travelling the open road. But I loved every minute of it, too! All this insanity and more awaits in the pages of this omnibus.

I love the Tick and the Ben Edlund stuff is just the best. It’s the crème de la crème and a pun was intented due to the Man-Eating Cow! I’ve not really found a lousy Tick comic, but the best is the works by character and series creator Edlund. Yes, the book is in black and white with occasional splashes of red. But that’s how the book was first published, so I don’t mind. What makes this book unique is that the original ads as well as editorial comments and letters pages are reprinted with the stories in their original formats. It’s really cool.

I love it and yes, I want more!

Worth Consuming

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment