Wednesday, August 6, 2014

New Avengers Volume 2















The Marvel Adventures Avengers is my all-time favorite line-up but now having read 2 volumes of New Avengers, I would have to say that this team is running a close second. Starring Luke Cage and his wife Jessica, they lead the likes of Doctor Strange, Wolverine, Spider-man, The Thing, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), Mockingbird, and Iron Fist. This group has heavy hitters, gritty vigilantes, and most importantly: chemistry! I love the witty banter and the hard hitting action of this team.

In this volume the story takes place in 1959 with Nick Fury assembling his first squad of Avengers under President Eisenhower’s Avenger’s Initiative. They’re seeking to take down the Red Skull’s newly formed ‘Fourth Reich’ before too much damage can be done with a new secret formula that could give these neo-Nazis their own legion of Super Soldiers.

Meanwhile, Steve Rogers’ Avengers Initiative has the New Avengers looking to take out a gang of terrorists before they can get their new hideout under operation. When one of the New Avengers is mortally wounded, the past will catch up with the present and the ultimate decision must be made by the rest of the Avengers- let him or her die OR give them the gift of infinite life and infinite pain to boot!

Such an awesome volume. I was thrilled when I found this at the library. I was mighty disappointed when I found out I didn’t check out volume 3! Like I said, the dynamic is fantastic! The art is excellent with different artists drawing the modern and 1959 Avengers teams. I must read more soon!

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment