Sunday, December 5, 2021

Tis The Ugly Sweater Season! Advent 2021: Day 5


If you are regular follower on my Advents, you'll know that Hanukkah is a big deal to me. I've had a fascination with the Jewish culture since I was a teen. I believe that the Reuben is the greatest sandwich ever to utilize pink hued dressing. And my wife is Jewish, too! 

In my household, instead of 8 nights of fun- we get 9!

I wasn't able to post on the first day of Hanukkah 2021 as it took place on November 28th. Too early for this year's Advent. So, I'll post tribute to the Chosen People on tonight, the last night of the Festival of Lights with 8 amazing Hanukkah themed ugly sweaters.


Matzoh are flat unleavened crackers. Grind them up, add a little chicken stock and egg and dip them in boiling broth and you've got matzoh ball soup. Yum!


Why wear an ugly Hanukkah sweater when you can decorate your own? (And then eat it, too!)

The first Hanukkah occurred in Jerusalem in 168 BC How dinosaurs found about it is beyond me.

Jewish comedian Howie Mandel shows his love for Challah, a braided yeast dough bread made with eggs. Makes a killer French toast.

I need one of these. It celebrates my Christian beliefs and my family's Jewish heritage. Plus, it's a cardigan and not a tight collar around my neck, which I loath.

Just about everyone who had to do a holiday show in elementary show knows the Dreidel Song. Essentially a top, playing dreidel is legalized gambling for Jewish kids. Only you wager chocolate coins, not cash.

As my Advent gift for tonight, enjoy this video from the gang at South Park as Kyle teaches Cartman how to play dreidel. Enjoy and Happy Hanukkah, everybody!


Merry Christmas-ukkah from your Jewish/Christian Madman friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment