Saturday, December 11, 2021

Fail of the Dead #1

I've been collecting comics for a very large portion of my life. It's generally a good rule of thumb that if snow appears on the cover of a comic book, then it's a Christmas themed book. There's a few exceptions to this rule that generally involves the presence of a snow or ice themed superhero or villain. Or if the book takes place in Antarctica like the Greg Rucka vehicle Whiteout. But with this one-shot from Ape Entertainment with a zombie whose tongue is stuck to a snowy statue, I thought I had a holiday win.

Well, I had a win. It just wasn't a festive one.

This undead filled comic is humorous in nature. Most are one-page or even one-panel comics devoted to the mistakes made by dumb zombies. There's a couple of multi-page stories. But for the most part, the jokes are confined to a single page. 

Very little words. Lots of laughs. If you are a fan of Troma, you'll enjoy this book as a few of the chuckles come at the expense of toilet humor. The first entry in this comic takes the potty joke literally. 

So why did I think that this was a holiday book? I clearly judged a book by it's cover. I thought the scene was a parody of that moment in A Christmas Story in which Flick is double-dog dared to stick his tongue to a frozen flag pole. I should have busted the tag and check the contents. But then I might have missed out on a few laughs. Thankfully, this was a bargain bin find, so I didn't spend much on something I didn't expect.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment