Friday, December 10, 2021

Otto: A Palindrama (Family Comic Friday)

Otto's name is the spelled the same forwards and backwards. 

Such a thing is called a palindrome. 

Otto is very sad as his dog has run away. Otto's puppy's name is Pip. That's also a palindrome.

In this graphic novel from Jon Agee, the entire book is told in palindromes. Honestly, I didn't know that there were that many palindromes out there! However, while this book is over 130 pages, not every panel- nor every page- has words. Still there's quite a few palindromes in this book. I do think a few were cheats as a character would say a sentence and then another character would reply. It completes the palindrome. But if you ask me, a palindrome should only work if it's said by a single person. But what do I know?!

This was a very cute book. It's aimed for ages 9-12 but I think kids younger than 8 can enjoy this book. Especially if they understand the trick behind a palindrome! I don't think this is the only palindrome book out there. But I think Jon Agee's (Life On Mars) Otto is the first ever done as a graphic novel!

Educational and fun! I'm sure this one might be reread by the fam often!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment