Friday, December 3, 2021

The Donner Party With Blitzen!


Day 2 of my Christmas comic book reads took me to the North Pole. It's a couple of days after Christmas and Santa's about to go on a much needed vacation with some Eskimos. With Mrs. Claus off to visit her sister, St. Nick leaves his brother, Christmas Steve, in charge of the work shop.

With the boss man gone, the reindeer wanna party. But Rudolph is such a goody-goody. But he'll be easy to deal with... Still, there's no way Christmas Steve will let the reindeer play. That is until the Santa of the southern hemisphere asks the Christmas caribou to go on a beer run! 

Yeah... things are going to go smoothly.

This book is from a small independent publisher from the Durham, NC area. I bought this book from my favorite local comic shop and I've met creator Kelly Stiles before at a local comic book event. So the odds that more than a few hundred people have ever heard of this book is low. But man, should they!

This book was hilarious. It was irreverent. It was awesome! Only 16 pages long. But it was 16 ad free pages. I only paid like $3 and that was with tax. I gotta say; this was one of the best investments I ever made to my holiday themed comics collection. 

If only there was more! 

If you love holiday comics and you like it when things are not taken too seriously, head over to Indyplanet.com and pick yourself up a copy or two and get some for your friends! It's that good.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9.5 out of 10 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment