Monday, January 13, 2014

DC Universe Super Heroes Secret Files #1

DC Universe Heroes Secret Files #1


  The mid-90s is a period of comic book history that I currently know very little about, nor have I read a whole look of books from that period. This book is really no exception. There’s a super hero intelligence agency called the DED, that is run by and deals with metahumans. If you’ve got a super power and you get out of line, this is the group that’s going to come and kick you’re a$$.

  This is also the first time I’ve ever heard of this group. I’ve heard of Metropolis’ Metacrimes Unit and I love any Superman tale that involves them. There’s also Top 10 by Alan Moore about a city of super heroes and the super powered police force that protects and serves. The DED is similar to both ideas but by far not superior to them. Though the premise did interest me and I would gladly read more books about the organization.

  This Secret Files also includes some of the earliest pieces starring Resurrection Man and Stars and STRIPE. I like both and from reading them and the DED dossiers on those heroes, I want to read more about them too. There’s also an extensive- no make that exhaustive timeline involving the all of the characters I just mentioned and then some. (It’s a 2 page triple columned timeline printed in a font size of 4 or less. It tired me out so much reading the small print, it took 2 days to complete.)

A very good issue filled with stuff I knew little about in the DC Universe, but it was worth reading. Man, I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

Worth Consuming.

Rating 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment