Friday, January 10, 2014

Star Wars/ Captain Midnight/ Avatar: the Last Airbender 2013 Free Comic Book Day Special.


 

Darth Vader and Boba Fett team-up, so I’m thinking “Score!”, right? Wrong!!! I don’t know what happened, but someone a great concept just didn’t make it from pen to paper. It’s a mildly interesting story about an advantageous Imperial officer looking to kill off the Dark Lord when Boba Fett arrives on the Executor. Somehow, this turns into some weird sting operation and even more insane is Vader walking on the outside of his Star Destroyer to get to the traitorous Imperial. A star destroyer flies on Outer Space. How can Vader walk in space like he’s power walking in a mall? And don’t give me “It’s the force!” as an answer, either!

Then we’ve got Avatar. You know, that Nickelodeon Cartoon Shamalayan tried to kill in a live-action film a couple years back? Well, I thought the Last Airbender was bald and haw a traffic sign tattooed on his noggin. How’s this reject from One Dimension who looks like an anime version of Mel Gibson in “Man Without a Face?” I didn’t get this one.

The only shining star was the Captain Midnight story. I couldn’t tell you who this guy was, but I wish I did. That story was full of great action, lots of twists and turns and made me want to read more. Too bad I’ve never heard of or even seen a Captain Midnight comic before in my life. Maybe I’ll get luck someday.

As a whole, this book is 1 for 3. I think even Meatloaf would tell you that that’s bad.

Not Worth Consuming.

Rating 4 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment