Thursday, January 9, 2014

GI Joe #37

G.I. Joe (1982-1994) #37C

This is the issue that I’ve been waiting for- the first appearances of perhaps my all-time favorite Cobra villains, those twin terrors, Tomax and Xamot. The leaders of the Crimson Guard, the brothers have led a group of Joes into a trap at a local carnival and it looks like they’re gonna win, that is unless Flint, Wild Bill, and the newest Joe vehicle, the mini-tank, has anything to say about it.

One of my favorite things about Tomax & Xamot, besides the fact that one’s name is the other twin’s name backwards, is that when you hit one brother, the other brother would feel it. So, if I hit Tomax is the head with a wench and Xamot was miles away at a Starbucks, drinking a latte, he’d drop his drink and star writhing in pain. It only happens once in this issue, but I loved it!

Also, Bongo the Bear makes another appearance, this time dating Rip-cord. I’m actually glad that they haven’t finished with her storyline just yet. Too bad Hasbro never made a Bongo the Bear figure.

A darn near perfect issue that is truly Worth Consuming.

Rating 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment