Wednesday, January 22, 2014

GI Joe #57



Now I’m back in numerical order. After a brief trip through several GI Joe Yearbooks, I’m fully caught up with the action and ready to continue my reading of the complete Marvel run of 155 issues of Joe!

In this issue, Destro enlists the help of Flint and Lady Jaye! It seems that an imposter has taken ole Chrome Dome’s place in the wake of his ‘death’ during the battle of the Pit. With the Joes help, should Destro reclaim his home and title, he’ll hand over the blueprints and codes to the Cobra Terrordromes.

I love it when the bad guys and good guys have to team up. It makes for some interesting scenarios and you are always waiting for the baddie to stab the hero in the back. I won’t divulge if that happens or not, nor will I tell whose behind the face Destro mask. However, I will tell you that I was very satisfied with the ending. It was a classic twist that doesn’t make Destro look corny nor does it tarnish his cool factor.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment