Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jimmy Fallon’s Thank You Notes 2 (along with Blow Your Pants Off CD)

Though I don’t have the ability to stay up late to watch Fallon, I always watch his primetime specials. He was my favorite on SNL and when you team him up with Justin Timberlake, it’s comedic gold. I found this gift set at the QVC store for like $5!


sorry, but by clicking on the pic, you can't really look at the contents inside.
 At the time, I wasn’t so familiar with Thank You Notes. But, on the CD there are great songs like Reading Rainbow sung by the Doors, Bob Dylan’s Charles in Charge, and Neil Young’s Fresh Prince of Bel Air. There is a few other classics on that disc, like Fallon and Timberlake’s History of Rap and a team-up with Dave Matthews called Walk of Shame. Oh, and don’t let me forget Tebowie! If it’s a song from his specials, they’re excellent. But stuff like New French Girlfriend and Cougar Hunt, which are lesser known pieces, are lame.

The book is funny. What Fallon does is every Friday, he writes thank you notes to people and things with a sarcastic twist. For example, he thanks Ms. Butterworth for Frangelico, citing it as her drunk Italian cousin. Maybe I didn’t do the joke justice, but the picture of two human-looking bottles of liquid are really funny.

   I really enjoyed this set and I’m very tempted to start DVR’ing him when he takes over Late Night later this winter. When it comes to his CD, I can listen to many of those songs over and over. I’m not sure if I’ll keep the book or not. But both were worth consuming.

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment