Tuesday, January 21, 2014

GI Joe Yearbook #3

G.I. Joe Yearbook #3

This book is why I had to “go back in time.” At the end of GI Joe #56, we learn that while the siege of Seirra Gordo and the Cobra Terrordrome is completed, the ultimate fate of Snake Eyes continues in this issue. While I normally hate it when a comic makes you read another title for the conclusion of a storyline instead of finished sequentially by ascending numerical order, I did happen to already have all of the GI Joe Yearbooks. But I decided to read Yearbooks 1 and 2 first just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I’m glad I read this as it’s a loose sequel to the famous GI Joe issue in which Snake rescues Scarlett from Destro’s castle and the entire story has no words. The same here with Scarlett and Storm Shadow saving the American ninja and I loved it!

This issue has the obligatory review of everything that’s happened in the previous 12 issues. It also has another article on the GI Joe cartoon. It was interesting although the first dozen paragraphs seemed to be a rehash of the same articles in Yearbook 1 and 2.

Lastly, there’s a very funny short story in which Serpentor regales Dr. Mindbender with the exploits of one of his past lives. It also means that the new leader of Cobra might’ve been responsible for the invention of pizza.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment