Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fables, Volume 19: Snow White




  Fables (2002-Present) #TP Vol 19



The modern adventures of your favorite (and least favorite) fairy tale stars continue with two possible nuptials. First in Haven, Beast must prevent the Blue Fairy from holding him captive a total of 777 years by initiating marriage proceedings between the angry fairy and Gephetto. Back in the “mundy” world a gentlemen caller comes for Snow White’s hand in marriage. Has anybody told her husband, the Big Bad Wolf about this?

This is an exciting tale that comes with some dire consequences that result in the demise of a fan favorite. I’m pissed. They better bring ******* (name deleted for spoiler purposes) real quick. I’m not kidding.

A few weeks back, I read volume 1 of Fairest, the newest Fables spin-off and it’s a good thing I did. Some major plot points that aid Bigby is his quest to find his missing cubs are directly tied into the first story arc of Fairest. I would’ve been lost without that prior info. It appears that I’m a budding Jedi, as my instincts to read the spin-off first before this volume of Fables served me well.
Worth Consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment