Tuesday, January 14, 2014

GI Joe #40

G.I. Joe (1982-1994) #40A
Cobra has got something cooking in the Gulf of Mexico. Recent events have led the Joe team to discover that Candy (AKA Bongo the Balloon Bear) is a Cobra spy due to the fact that her father has been revealed as one of the Crimson Guard. So when the team finds plans of a secret underwater base off the coast of New Orleans, Hawk sends a commando unit out to investigate.
The true motive behind Cobra’s secret lair is outrageous. However, as I think back on the cartoon series, it actually makes lots of sense and an important plot device from that series that I’ve overlooked finally comes into play. (I’ll reveal spoilers as to what in my review of issue #41.)
This is a fantastic issue full of great action and adventure and finally the first appearance of one of my favorite Joes, Shipwreck.
Worth Consuming.
Rating 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment